Rising from the ashes of Richard Neutra's original VDL Research House, built on the eastern edge of Silver Lake Reservoir in 1932, the VDL Research House II is the fascinating result of two generations of architectural experimentation.
Neutra designed the 1932 International Style building as his home and office (named after benefactor Dr. C. H. Van Der Leeuw) and used it as a demonstration of the potential for a type of small lot construction that brought nature indoors and preserved privacy in confined spaces. Most of the building was sadly burned in a 1963 fire, so Richard Neutra oversaw a new design for a near-total rebuild by his son and architectural partner Dion Neutra.
Photographed by Damon Jones in May 2021.
Framed Print Specification:
- Thin 3/8” wide extruded aluminum, anodized frame available in three different colorways.
- Cloudy White outer mat 1/2” and a Cloudy White inner mat 1/4"
- Frame Dimensions are 14 9/16” width x 14 5/16” height 3/8”
- Print size is 10 7/8” x 10 5/8”
- Printed on Kelly Digital 100lb Opaque cover media.
- Photographed with a vintage Hasselblad 500cm medium format camera.
- Clear acrylic cover which protects your art from UV light.
- Acid free foam backing with custom, hand signed by Damon.
- All frames arrive ready to hang.
- Two week delivery window upon receipt of order required for printing and bespoke hand assembly.
- Worldwide shipping available.
Print Only Specification:
- Print size is 10 7/8 x 10 5/8"
- Printed on Kelly Digital 100lb Opaque cover media
- All prints will come hand signed by Damon.
- US Shipping only.
- One week delivery window upon receipt of order required for printing.